Enter your Email


    Powered by FeedBlitz

  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Subscribe with other RSS readers
  • Add this blog to my Technorati Favorites!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License.

Monday, May 21, 2007

GEL2007 - Day 1 - PM Session



I chose to participate in the Community Building exercise for the afternoon session. This workshop, facilitated by Phillip and Andrea Spencer-Linzie, is based on the "community building" process developed by M. Scott Peck, author of “The Road Less Traveled”. Participants practice ways of being together that create the possibility for authentic connection. There were multiple reasons for me to participate in this session. I thought I would be able to leverage what I learned. I was disappointed in that due to the short time allocated we did not really get into an “authentic connection” but made some good steps along the way. Given that this workshop can be delivered in a 1-day, 2-day, 3-day or 7-day format led me to provide feedback that it should be renamed “a taste of” or “an insight into” because you can’t build a community in less that three hours.


The initial posting on this session can be found here.


Note: the picture did not come out as well as I would have liked but I found it interesting. We are on the 10th floor, lower Manhattan, the window is reinforced and there is barbed wire on the outside window sill. And we are inside learning about building a community.

Labels: , ,