Enter your Email


    Powered by FeedBlitz

  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Subscribe with other RSS readers
  • Add this blog to my Technorati Favorites!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License.

Friday, November 17, 2006

Special Offer

Steve - We interupt our regularly scheduled program to bring you this special offer.

Gerry - Yes, a very special offer. (looking out window) So special the dozens of volunteers queued up outside to come in and help with the phones are now turning away and running fast.

Steve - Maybe you should too? (with a quizical look)

Gerry - (with a don't be silly look) This offer is unique. A CD full of songs, 19 to be exact.

Steve - 19 of them? I thought 19 was an impossible number?

Gerry - That's only in cribbage, silly. These are classic songs from your school days!

Steve - (in an inspirational voice) The Harvard Fight Song. The Yale Fight song.

Gerry - (building a crescendo) and that goldie oldies classic "The JJ Learning Anthem"

The JJ Learning Anthem

Rewritten by Steve Sherlock (with sincere apologies to Neil Diamond)



I thought learning happened only in kindergarten
Meant for someone else but not for me
Learning was out to get me
That's the way it seemed
Failure haunted all my dreams

Then I saw the blog
Now I'm a JJ Learner
Not a trace of doubt in my mind
I’m JJ Learning
I'm a believer
I’ll be learning for the rest of my life

I know learning is a sharing thing
Seems the more I give, the more I get
That's the purpose of learning
All you get is gain
When I needed sunshine, I got trained

Then I saw the blog
Now I'm a JJ Learner
Not a trace of doubt in my mind
I'm JJ Learning
I'm a believer
I’ll be learning the rest of my life


2006 Foolish Music, Inc. (MADCAP Records)


Technorati Tags : , , ,