Enter your Email


    Powered by FeedBlitz

  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Subscribe with other RSS readers
  • Add this blog to my Technorati Favorites!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License.

Monday, May 22, 2006

GEL2006 - Charlie Todd

Charlie Todd, the Urban Prankster, spoke briefly about his U2 mission which actually took place just after last year's GEL Conference.
U2 announced the dates of their “Vertigo” world tour. I contemplated trying to purchase tickets for the May 21 gig at Madison Square Garden. I was a big U2 fan growing up, and MSG is right across the street from my apartment. I ultimately decided it wasn’t worth the steep ticket price. The tickets to the event sold out literally in seconds. As I was thinking about the show, a few things occurred to me:

- U2 is playing right across the street from where I live.
- I have rooftop access at my four-story apartment building.
- U2 is famous for playing on rooftops.

It seemed obvious that “U2” would have to play an unannounced gig on my rooftop an hour before the doors opened at the Garden.
Check out the link for all the details. It is hilarious.
 
 
Powered By Qumana