Enter your Email


    Powered by FeedBlitz

  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Subscribe with other RSS readers
  • Add this blog to my Technorati Favorites!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Rapid Fire Learning - March 2007


It is not an excuse, just a reason, that I am late partly because there has been so much going on. without further ado, here are the five things I learned this March:

1 - The list of books I should, or now want to, read has grown tremendously this month. Usually I'll pick up at least two or three, sometimes four books during the course of a month to put on my list. This month primarily due to the Love Affair with Books, I have exceeded my reading capacity for the next several months. This is a GOOD problem mind you, I am not complaining! The conversations for many of the book reviews were very interactive and insightful. I won't need to keep a separate listing of what to read, it is already provided for. If you have not stopped by the Joyful Jubilant Learning blog, I think it would be worth you while to do so.

2 - I figured out how to officially create a podcast. The audio blogging I had done previously was a good learning experience. A necessary step in the direction of the creation of my podcast for Passionate Runner. You can benefit from my 30 plus years of running experience by tuning into this podcast. Will I stop there? No, a new podcast for my poetry is on the schedule for April.

3 - From several corners, I had come across The Power of Play by David Elkind and it jumped to the top of the reading list. As I got into the book, I realized that a lot of what I had experienced as "good learning" was really nicely explained by David. So much so that I have a series of postings expanding upon several quotes from his book. If you are into learning, and how to learn, this is a good book to read.

4 - I was fortunate to finally meet Phil Gerbyshak in person. After almost two years of conversations, via email, blogging comments, and a few conference calls, we met when he had the opportunity to come to my neighborhood to speak at the local HDI chapter event. I thoroughly enjoyed "taking the blog off the blog" and learning how to "make it great" in person. If you get a chance to connect with Phil, do so. It will be great. Inside tip, be prepared to play a good game of cribbage! My wife will attest to Phil's card skills/luck. And while they were picking on each others cards, I managed to scoot ahead to victory by the barest of margins.

5 - Last but not least, I'll go back to a concert at the Circle of Friends Coffeehouse where we got to hear Garnet Rogers perform. The chorus that still sticks in my mind has a great message for all time.
Give your love and never count the cost
Lose your heart and never call it lost

May your love be your shelter

to the ending of your days

love is all that is, all that ever was
The full text of "All that is" can be found here.

Enjoy!

Labels: , ,