Enter your Email


    Powered by FeedBlitz

  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Subscribe with other RSS readers
  • Add this blog to my Technorati Favorites!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License.

Saturday, December 23, 2006

collaboration is such fun

One of the things I have fun doing is to reword the lyrics to a popular song. I have rewritten a few that technically would require the payment of royalties to perform. So while I am not in the business of making money doing this, eventually the opportunity may come along. To prepare, I need to start working with songs that are in the public domain and use those to re-craft the lyrics. One, the tune will still be recognizable. Two, the royalty situation will be avoided. Three, I can still have fun.

To do this in a collaborative environment, spinning an idea off someone else in the same or similar bent is like riffing in a jazz piece, like slip streaming on a runner's shoulder, like geese honking in flight, like... well, I think you get the idea. It provides such a high for me.

Stay tuned for something special for Christmas!

And no, I won't be singing but if you would like to be in the chorus when this (and the others) are eventually recorded, let me know. That is the same kind of collaboration high!

The current Foolish Music line-up:

Aloha Rosa
PodCamp Anthem
The JJL Anthem

and who knows what the future holds?

If you have a suggestion for a public domain song that can be used, and an idea or theme to try it with, let me know. You will get credit for the inspiring thought!

Labels: , , , , ,