Enter your Email


    Powered by FeedBlitz

  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Subscribe with other RSS readers
  • Add this blog to my Technorati Favorites!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Quotes & Links

 

I say that the right metric isn't how much it costs to send a mail. It's how much sending a mail is worth! In other words, if an industry-wide .25 cent stamp eliminates spam, it's likely to double or triple the response rate to permission mail. A boon! If you send me 100 emails with stamps, and I read them all, you've spent a quarter. If you can't cost-justify that, you shouldn't be writing to me. If I were an email permission marketer, I'd love this... the same way the DMA should have embraced the do not call list.

Read the rest of his post here.

 

From Ken Thompson at The Bumble Bee comes 10 tips for leaders and their teams:

    1. Process and Procedure are the last hiding place of people without the wit and wisdom to do their job properly.
    2. There may be no 'I' in team, but there's a 'ME' if you look hard enough.
    3. There's no 'I' in 'team'. But then there's no 'I' in 'useless smug colleague', either. And there's four in 'platitude-quoting idiot'. Go figure.

Read the rest of the post here.

 

From Dave Pollard at How to Save the World comes this gem:

... feeling guilty for not having yet discovered one's Passion or Genius or Purpose is as fruitless and unwarranted as feeling guilty for not having transformed humanity into what it isn't and saving the world. Hell, I'm 54 and as I explained the other day, I haven't yet found what lies at the intersection of What I love, What I do well and What is needed. So I'm spending my time doing stuff well that's needed, but which I have no passion for, and doing some stuff well that I love, but which is mostly underpaid and under-appreciated. Rather than trying to develop a passion for the former, or  'create' a need for the latter, I need to search harder for the work that I already love and do well that is already needed. I know it's out there.

Yes, you'll need to read the full post to put this except into the proper context. Don't be overwhelmed by it, this is a worthy posting!

 

Technorati Tags : , , ,

Powered By Qumana